Animal hospital ‘disgusted’ by death of koala
- by admin
Two-year-old koala named Kaitaara is dead after being found on a beach in southern Queensland.
Kaitaar was found on the shores of an island off the Sunshine Coast about 1:30am (AEDT) today.
He had been on the island for more than a week when he went missing.
An Australian Wildlife Health Authority (AWHA) spokesman said the koala’s death was “extremely tragic” and would be “a long and difficult road back” for the family.
“He was a very friendly, outgoing and playful animal who had a great sense of humour,” he said.
The AWHA said it was taking the “extraordinary” decision to euthanise the koalas, but would provide support to the family in their grief.
A Queensland Government spokesperson said the death was an “incident of a tragic nature” and it was a matter for the AWHA to investigate.
Koalas can be found in Queensland, south of Melbourne, the Gold Coast and in Tasmania.
More to come.
Two-year-old koala named Kaitaara is dead after being found on a beach in southern Queensland.Kaitaar was found on the shores…
- When you don’t know where to look for a pet clinic: What to look out for
- When I was in school, I was not in a hospital. Now, I’m in a clinic near me
- New study: Dental clinic offers better care than medical clinic
- Healthcare IT expert who discovered herpes could save millions of dollars in costs
- How to make $50,000 a month at the Mayo Clinic jackson,fl