How to get help for opioid addiction: How to take care of a loved one
- by admin
Ohio’s opioid crisis has left a trail of devastation in its wake, but many families aren’t getting the help they need.
Ohio’s opioid overdose death toll has reached 5,500 this year.
The latest numbers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) show that more than half of those who die from opioids each year are men, according to a report released on Tuesday.
More than three-quarters of all people who overdose die from prescription drugs, according the CDC.
More than half die from heroin and fentanyl.
And, according Toobin, Ohio is only the beginning of a nationwide crisis.
He said that the crisis is so severe, many people are struggling to get treatment, which is why the state is so focused on opioid addiction treatment.
Toobin said the state has a lot of work to do.
He said he hopes to see more states adopt this approach, which he believes is a critical tool for treating the opioid crisis.
Ohio’s opioid crisis has left a trail of devastation in its wake, but many families aren’t getting the help they…
- New study: Dental clinic offers better care than medical clinic
- Healthcare IT expert who discovered herpes could save millions of dollars in costs
- How to make $50,000 a month at the Mayo Clinic jackson,fl
- How to Get Rid of ‘Pho Pho’ from Your Chicken
- How to use a website to check for children and teens in Texas, Arizona and Michigan